- Berichte & Zeiten der Tests
- BMW / Sauber und McLaren Mercedes vor Ort
BMW und Sauber - Test in Barcelona - Tag 2

Test in Barcelona
November 28th – 30th 2005
Day two – Tuesday

Weather conditions: Sunny and dry
Temperatures: Air: 5-14°C, track: 5-15°C

Fastest lap overall: 1:17.570 min, Christian Klien, Red Bull-Cosworth V10, Michelin

Number of cars participating: 10

Driver on duty: Nick Heidfeld
Chassis: Sauber C24B
Engine: BMW P86 V8
Test kilometres today: 120 km
Number of laps today: 26
Fastest lap: 1:21.036 min (lap 21)

Test programme / Remarks:
Continuation of testing with Sauber C24B and BMW P86 V8 engine. In the morning, the engineers focused on data acquisition runs particularly for the engine. Due to a leak in the fuel rail work was stopped early in the afternoon.

What comes next: Continuation of engine and systems testing

BMW und Sauber - Test in Barcelona - 1.Tag
Weather conditions: Sunny and dry
Temperatures: air 5-14°C, track 5-17°C
Fastest lap overall: 1:20.609 min, Gary Paffett, McLaren-Mercedes, Michelin
Number of cars participating: 3
Driver on duty: Nick Heidfeld
Chassis: Sauber C24B
Engine: BMW P86 V8
Test kilometres today: 129 km
Number of laps today: 28
Fastest lap: 1:21.634 min (lap 16)

Test programme / Remarks: First test of Sauber C24B with BMW P86 V8 engine. In the morning, the car ran without any problems. In the afternoon, the engineers stopped the programme early.

What comes next: Continuation of engine and systems testing

Nick Heidfeld: "After an almost three-month break I could hardly wait for the first test. The chassis and engine ran without any problems in the morning. All the systems were working perfectly. Of course you can tell the difference in performance compared to the V10. That’s something you just have to get used to. A positive surprise is that the engine vibrates a lot less than I had expected. In the afternoon we had to break off work early when the engineers spotted a problem in the data and told me to switch off the engine. Tomorrow we will resume our programme as planned."

Nick Heidfeld: "Nach meiner fast dreimonatigen Pause konnte ich den ersten Test kaum erwarten. Das Chassis und der Motor liefen am Morgen problemlos. Alle Systeme funktionierten perfekt. Der Leistungsunterschied gegenüber dem V10 ist natürlich spürbar. Daran muss man sich erstmal gewöhnen. Positiv überrascht bin ich davon, dass das Triebwerk viel weniger vibriert, als ich erwartet hatte. Am Nachmittag mussten wir unsere Arbeit vorzeitig beenden. Die Ingenieure erkannten in den Daten ein Problem und wiesen mich an, den Motor abzustellen. Morgen setzen wir unser Programm wie geplant fort."

McLaren Mercedes, 1.Tag
Barcelona, 28.11.2005
Alex Wurz was joined in Spain by Gary Paffett, who was testing with the team having been crowned 2005 DTM Champion. Both drivers were at the wheel of interim MP4-20Bs, which were running on Mercedes-Benz new V8 engine, the FO108S.
Alex was the second fastest driver of the day with a time of 1m20.664s, while Gary was fastest with a best lap time of 1m20.588s. Alex's running was affected initially by some transmission problems, further compounded by hydraulics systems issues, which were resolved by the test team during the course of the day and he returned to the track for 11 laps in total. Nick Heidfeld, who was attending the test with BMW Sauber, was also running a V8 engine.

ALEX WURZ "It was great to be back in action today at the Circuit de Catalunya, however my running was limited because of the small issues with the car, that the team fixed today. I am looking forward to be back behind the wheel tomorrow and will hopefully be able to put in more laps."

GARY PAFFETT "I'm really happy to drive a Formula One car again after more than two years, and I particularly enjoy that I can test with Team McLaren Mercedes. I gained a lot of experience and enjoyed driving very much. For me, cornering speeds and braking were most impressive. However, the difference between the DTM and the Formula One car is not as big as it was between the Formula 3 and the Formula One car three years ago. Co-operating with the technicians I benefited a lot from my experience in the DTM. I'm already looking forward to continue testing tomorrow."

Copyright © 1998 - 2024 Agentur Autosport.at 
Der Inhalt dieser Seite mit allen Unterseiten unterliegt, soweit nicht anders vermerkt, dem Copyright der Agentur Autosport.at. Texte, Bilder, Grafiken sowie alle weiteren Inhalte dieser Seite dürfen, weder im Ganzen noch teilweise, ohne unsere vorherige schriftliche Zustimmung vervielfältigt, verändert, weitergeleitet, lizenziert oder veröffentlicht werden.

Impressum - Datenschutz - Cookie Policy

Zum Seitenanfang